Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday of Few Words: Evolution of a Friendship

I like photos.  And I like music.  I especially like photos set to music.  Yep, I loves me a good slide show. Creating slide shows is one of my favourite things to do with the millions of photos I take.  If I could, I would spend my days making slide shows of all of the momentous occasions of our life.  You know, birthday parties, weekend getaways, play dates, tooth extractions, trips to the gynecologist, that sort of thing.  Unfortunately (fortunately?), I don't have that kind of time on my hands, so I am restricted to only creating a few each year.

I knew when Lilah's best-friend-in-the-whole-wide-world's birthday was coming up that I wanted to give her family a DVD that showed the evolution of our girls' friendship.  Lilah has lots of friends, but this little girl holds a very special place in her heart, and the Hubs and I have built a wonderful friendship with her parents.  I had an inkling that they might, like me, prove to be total suckers for a good slideshow, so I pulled out all the stops and preyed on the heightened sentimentality that parents typically feel around their children's birthdays.  Yep, I had them bawling into their birthday cake leftovers.  If I'm going to be a total cheeseball, I'm taking everyone around me down too.  'Cause I'm just a good friend like that.


Photos by Amanda and The Hubs
Music by Brandi Carlisle

9 comments:

  1. oooo - i love it! the girls are too cute. how did you make that slideshow? i want to make one now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too precious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sydelle.murphy Depends - do you have a Mac or a PC? I use Windows Live Movie Maker. I think for Mac you can use iPhoto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I totally cried. How cute are those two...I only wish it was Lilah and Maggie who were best buds like that. We will have to see how much buddy time we can get them in Muskoka!
    Lilah is looking more and more like you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, slideshows just get me. That is a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn you! I got tears in my wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TracyOh dear, I hope it wasn't the expensive stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg that was the most amazing video..i cant believe how great you are at picture taking..that video was amazing..Lilah is so luck to have a BFF

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...