Monday, June 13, 2011

Toddler for a Day

Sometimes I wish I could walk around in Lilah's shoes, just for a day.  Wouldn't it be fun to experience life the way our kids do?  If I could be "Toddler For a Day", I would:
  • Throw toys around, draw on the walls, and make the house look like a bomb went off in it.  And then I'd let someone else clean it up, just to show how much power I have.  Mwahahaaaa!
  • Eat with gusto and complete abandon, with no concern for appearances or propriety. (Well, okay, if you asked the Hubs, he'd probably say I do this already, but in this case I'd really give 'er.)
  • Embrace the random.  I would demonstrate totally erratic behaviour and be completely unapologetic about it.  How liberating that would be!
  • Catch some much-needed Zs.
  • Lose my inhibitions.  I would sing like nobody's listening, dance like nobody's watching, and clap my hands and giggle loudly at anything I found amusing.
  • Play hard and play hard.  None of this "work" nonsense!
  • Exert my independence at every turn.
  • Experiment with fashion and re-invent myself from day to day.
  • Repeat the same phrase over and over again for as long as it takes to produce the desired reaction.
  • Play "chase" at every possible opportunity. Time for a diaper change?  Chase!  Time to get my shoes on and get out the door?  You'll have to catch me first!
  • Take advantage of the cute whenever possible.  If that involves manipulating others, then so be it!

What would be your first act as Toddler for a Day?

2 comments:

  1. That's easy: Jump naked on the couch!

    Love this post! They really do know how to live in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to say this all the time, although more about living with kids than pretending to be one. I always wonder what life must be like when you don't take some time in your twenties or thirties to live with someone who has thoughts like, "I think I will wear a dragon costume everywhere today" and "I will only eat orange food now" and "garbage trucks are THE COOLEST THING EVER INVENTED". It really helps to shake up your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...