Friday, July 16, 2010

My Talented Friends, Part 2

Yesterday I blogged about my friend Sarah and the custom backpack she made for Lilah's birthday. Today, it's all about Kristyn and her gorgeous custom cloth books. What can I say? I have talented friends.

I know Kristyn from work, and I knew she was a quilter and an all-around crafty person, but I had no idea how amazing her handiwork was until I saw some pictures of her Books for Beginners on her Facebook page. Then I just had to have one for Lilah. These cloth books have the child's name on the cover, and then a letter of the child's name on each page, along with a picture of something that starts with that letter. The back cover even includes a photo and dedication!

(For the record, we didn't buy thousands upon thousands of birthday presents for Lilah. Her big ticket item was a Fisher Price Little People farm, and her other gifts included a couple consignment store purchases, such as wooden insert puzzles, and the items I've been blogging about. To me, this is a no-brainer. I get hand-made, durable, and meaningful gifts, customized with Lilah in mind, designed and sewn by people I've known for years. And I get to support their crafty/business ventures at the same time. Talk about win-win!)

Here's what Kristyn came up with for the Lilahbility:



Awesome, right? I think every kid needs one of these!

If you'd like to contact Kristyn about her Books for Beginners or other Playful Patches Productions creations, you can email her at P3.by.Payne@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I think we need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book! We need one, too!

    stopping by from LB Tea Party. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...