Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lab Rat

I knew my kid was smart, but... yesterday she earned herself an honorary Bachelor's Degree from UBC, just by looking at blinking lights and listening to nonsense syllables!

I took Lilah to be part of a study on infants and language acquisition. I assure you, nothing could be more thrilling to this self-professed word nerd than to have my own child involved in this research! It is changing the face of what we know about how infants and children acquire language. I had to learn about it while doing both my undergrad and grad school at UBC, so it's pretty cool to now be connected to the very same research through Lilah.

Lilah in her "Infant Scientist" t-shirt, and with her degree certificate!

Next stop, Master's Degree...!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: I love 'em. Tell me what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...